The Founder of the VideoPerfectApp Discusses The Zillow LoopholeSeptember 16, 2020
During this episode of Ready…Set…THRIVE! Stacey Soleil sat down with the Founder of the VideoPerfectApp & PhotoPerfectApp, Steve Buice.
During this lively discussion, VideoPerfectApp Founder, Steve Buice shares with us some VERY important news regarding video marketing on Zillow that is essentially a little known marketing loophole that all realtors that use the site could benefit from.
Steve reveals to our guests that the VideoPerfectApp provides all realtors the ability to post a video (made with the Video Perfect App) on the #1 visited website in the world for home buyers. (At no cost!)
According to the Video Guidelines directly from the Zillow site:
We welcome and encourage you to add video to listings across Zillow Group.
Please respect the following guidelines, as well as Zillow’s Good Neighbor Policy.[zillow.com]
Videos walkthroughs can be recorded using any equipment, any capture application, and any editing software and then uploaded from a smartphone, tablet, or desktop.
Please keep your video under 2 minutes in length and include content that showcases the unique features in a home and demonstrates how the rooms connect to one another.
Branding is allowed but should be limited to a maximum of 15 seconds at the start of the video or 15 seconds
at the end of the video, so that the focus is on the listing. An occasional mention of the agent or brokerage name
is allowed in the audio. Agent narrated voice-over throughout the video is acceptable.
ALL OF THIS CAN BE DONE EASILY USING THE VIDEO PERFECT APP!
The following are not permitted:
- Videos that are not of actual properties or lots/land
- Videos focused on the agent or brokerage
- Videos that are in portrait mode. Videos must be shot in landscape mode.
- Photo slideshows
- Constant watermark, logo or lower-third with name or other contact info, other than in the first 15 seconds and last 15 seconds of the video.
- Videos that are created from 3D renderings or computer simulations.
- Links to your third party 3D tour can be added via your MLS or broker feed.
- Videos of commercial properties or offices
- Videos that primarily display text
- Videos that display foul, explicit or inappropriate content
- Videos that include copyrighted content (music, for example)
- Videos that are larger than 500MB in size
- Videos over 10 minutes long